MotoRefi is a fast-growing mission driven fintech startup that delivers financial security and peace of mind to consumers by providing better auto refinancing, insurance and financial protection products. By partnering with credit unions and community banks, we help our customers navigate the best solutions for their financial needs. Our technology makes the refi process quick and easy. The result? We save customers an average of $100/month on their monthly payments and much more.
MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors from QED Investors, Accomplice, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
We are looking for a talented and passionate design thinker to champion the value of great design and help us imagine and deliver delightful customer experiences.
As Lead User Experience Designer you will have the opportunity to think through the framing of problems with a focus on the needs and desires of both consumers and internal users. With the product team you will identify, design, specify and implement end-to-end experiences for MotoRefi’s customer site and internal sales and operations portal.
- Own design for the company – be the catalyst pushing and improving our design patterns and brand
- Be the voice of the user - ensure that our products are user-friendly and intuitive
- Collaborate with an energetic and high speed cross-functional product and engineering team
- Drive strategic initiatives via proof-of-concept designs and prototypes
- Design and validate new experiences via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other UX artifacts
- Identify qualitative and quantitative insights from customer research data, interviews with stakeholders, and business analytics to drive improvements to existing solutions and to inform the design of new solutions
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture
- Great benefits including medical, dental & vision coverage
- A portfolio demonstrating experience creating user-centered solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
- Around 5-7 years industry experience building interaction design solutions, preferably including time in an earlier stage startup
- Enjoy working with whitespace and ambiguity to create value and beauty
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer
- Experience working in a cross functional and collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices
- Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without inhibiting inspiration or innovation
- Experience driving user research/usability tests and interpreting usability test data
- Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working both with highly technical teams and with business users
- Proficiency in appropriate design tools (e.g., Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision, etc.)
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Pre-employment background check and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.
At this time, MotoRefi is unable to sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization.